Friday, July 24, 2009

just got really bummed out by something so silly. my mom cashed in this bucket of coins, that i thought we'd agreed not to cash in. it was my dad's, and we jokingly made it my "dowry." but we seriously spoke once about it belonging to me and now the bucket's empty with bills.
i know it's silly, i just miss my dad and get sad when my mom goes through these purging stages, when she gets rid of things that were his because they're useless to us now. they're not useless to me. they're his things, and they make me feel like he's closer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby,

That had to be so hard. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that must feel. I'm here in spirit...

I love you and I'm sitting with you today.

K

Kristi said...

I very much understand! I have a small stash of things from my Aunt that I keep safe...and bust out every now ant then. I made the most AMAZING scrap book during my most difficult year.....I treasure it to this day! I'll share it with you next time you are out here.

Get a box or something and collect things that make you think of your dad. I have a seashell, small bottle of my aunts perfume, skipper dress among many other things.....it helps!

Love you!

amanda said...

love you. i hate that your heart is breaking. the world is filled with so many things that do not make sense. hopefully some day we will understand. just know that you are not alone.