Wednesday, July 30, 2008

work today.

we moved boxes from rooms to trucks today.

the boxes (at least 600 of them, maybe more), were full of magic. heavy magic.

the boxes were full of books.

im so in love with books. so in love!

estes is having a used book sale friday morning, so the boxes are being transported to the holiday inn where the sale will take place. each box was labeled with a number, and each number coordinated to a category. for the first three hours out of three and a half, i was digging through the boxes labeled #1, because those were fiction novels. we only knew what boxes contained what by chance. like, if a box was dropped and books fell out, or if we happened to look. so i perused through any #1 i could find looking for books i'd like to own, only to realize in the last half hour that boxes with a FIVE were classic literature. my favorite. i mean, absolute favorite! so i came home with about ten new books today, and certainly could have grabbed more if i had ten more hands and time.

i'm positive i glow when i'm around books. so if you've ever wondered what i look like when i'm enamored, take me to a book shop.

2 comments:

amanda said...

I am so perfectly happy for you right now! I know this message is about a month late but I am sure you have come across more wonderful books! I feel the same way. Nothing beats discovering a great book. Except, maybe, watching my children devour books the same way! Let me know what classics you are on the lookout for! I am always looking too!! Love you bunches!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll say it. Yay for ESCAPE via a novel. Or two, or three...

Love you. :)