Wednesday, November 7, 2007

get the paddles.

unlike most Christians, i can point to very, very few specific times in my life when God has directly answered my prayers. i say "unlike most Christians" because most of the Christians i know attribute even the most minor successes in their lives to Christ. which is an excellent attribute, i agree, just not one i possess. my insufficiencies in this area, however, allow me something grand. when God gives me something i've prayed for, he gives it to me big...and there's no mistaking from whence it came.
God did that for me today. just now. i had a conversation with someone important, and whether she knew it or not, God used her in a huge way to bring me the relief and comfort i was searching for so long and hard. in all honesty (because that's what we're trying to do here, right?), i very rarely "feel" spiritual things. but this is one of those times when i couldn't be more positive that God loves me and is truly involved in my very little emily-shaped world.
anyway. more on all this some other time. the details aren't as important as the acknowledgment of the very divine intervention i just experienced.

No comments: